I would like to thank my Canadian blogger friends Dennis at Weird Stuff Happens to Me and Fern at The Fur Files for nominating me for the Liebster award and the Lovely Blog award over these last few weeks. I am always truly honored to be called out by one of my fellow bloggers who entertain and educate me with their words each day.
So now, because I have received these awards, I am supposed to list seven or eleven random things about myself and nominate other bloggers for awards.
For past awards I have listed what I think are the main random things about myself (that I’m a germaphobic, martini-drinking, stubborn-as-hell Taurus who curses like a sailor and likes old cars and fart jokes as much as a third grade boy). And if you read my blog you already know a heck of a lot about me, but here are a few more random facts you probably don’t know:
1. I like plain Folgers coffee better than Starbucks coffee — I can hear the gasps of astonishment and bewilderment now. (Thank God there is something I don’t spend too much on).
2. When I find something I like (as in clothes or gadgets), for some reason I think I need two or three of them, sometimes in different colors. (Is that hoarding?)
3. I am the all-time MASTER of procrastination. (So much so that I still haven’t read the How to Stop Procrastinating book I bought 20 years ago)
4. I have one friend who receives gifts from me each year that are either related to Jason of Friday the 13th movies or to Barbie arms (Long story on both. Always on a quest for a better Barbie arm gadget – see pic of ring holder and earrings.)
5. I have more half-read books than probably anyone on the planet. (Most likely another symptom of my undiagnosed ADD.)
6. I really want to spring for an Elfa closet install/makeover through the Container Store. (I go through this every January during their big sale and I never pull the trigger.)
7. I’m eating nacho cheese Doritos right now instead of one of the many healthy items I have in my kitchen so that I will eat healthier. (Like apples, oranges, carrots and healthy nuts – got tons of all of these. Wouldn’t pretty much anything be healthier than Doritos? Even a bite of a tire…)
8. If doomsday had come on December 21st, there is enough food in my pantry to feed the neighborhood for a few months. (Maybe I lived during the depression in a former life?)
9. I buy FAR TOO MANY throw pillows. (It’s ridiculous. The ones on my sectional now still have tags on them until I can decide if they are keepers.) And why are they called “throw” pillows? Are we supposed to throw them at each other?
10. I’m obsessed with 1980s era Porsche 911s. (Particularly one named Lola.)
11. No matter what hotel, home or condo we ever visit, I always sleep on the side of the bed that’s not by the window. (I have no idea why on this one, but I am subconsciously consistent about it.)
Here are some bloggers I would like to give some shout-outs to (If you are one of them, please pick which award you would like and list 7 or 11 random facts about yourself and nominate seven fellow bloggers. I think I’m supposed to pick blogs with fewer than 200 followers – I apologize if I goof since it’s hard to tell sometimes. Also hard to remember who already has what award. If you’re not listed, I may have already nominated you for something or will soon!
These bloggers make me laugh so hard that my family says “WHAT MOM?” or they make me think or cry or smile on a daily basis. So many great ones that it’s hard to narrow some down.
Here goes: Free Penny Press, Emotional Fitness Training. Keeping the Glass Half Full, Life with the top down, Lorna’s voice, Ambling & Rambling, Writing Life Stories.
So there you have it. Have a great New Year’s Eve celebration, whatever you do and wherever you do it! Just BE SAFE.
What’s something random about you?