I’ve been in a slump. I haven’t been able to write a decent post this last couple of weeks to save my life. Lots of thoughts but I haven’t been able to get anything down. So, in no particular order, here are fifteen things that I have contemplated writing about but haven’t.
1. Sunrises in Colorado this time of year which are downright breathtaking. (Clone the other day when he saw one out the back windows before school said “That’s some Lion King looking stuff going on out there.)
2. All that I’ve learned about supplements that can help with bruising. I was going to call the post “Tips for my Bruising Bedfellows.” (Since I get a new bruise every fifteen minutes. Oh, and Arnica rocks.)
3. The news on my Rice Krispy knees. (Doc says it’s arthritis in my knees which is common and the sound probably wont’ ever go away (YUK) but some exercising and supplements might help.)
4. The wild weather extremes we’ve had in Colorado with fires and flooding. (Good thing global warming is totally a hoax.)
5. How much I have learned about ADD these last few weeks and how brains in people with ADD are wired completely differently. (Found some experts and it has been eye opening. Oh, and it’s very genetic.)
7. My new book idea about 25 Suburban Women I Want to Punch in the Face. (The Container Store would actually be a great place for gathering book material now that I think about it.)
8. How weird this weekend is going to be for me. (Sunday is mom’s birthday and anniversary of my sister’s death (same day – yes that’s messed up)_ and the Alzheimer’s Walk is this weekend too. It will be the type of weekend when I go from laughing hysterically to crying hysterically at the drop of a hat and frighten onlookers unaware of my tendencies.)
9. The strangeness of celebrating my Mother’s birthday with her when she has no idea who I am, much less that it’s her birthday. (Don’t make me go. *&^%#@!! Ugh.)
10. The fact that I’ve been eating and drinking much better (most days) since I started working with a personal trainer. (We’ll see how much longer I can afford her but I’m starting to really notice a difference. Luckily I hear Container Store pays well.)
11. How cool my new, free to-do app called Wunderlist is. (It’s free and it saves me from rewriting all my lists 200 times a day. Probably an ADD tendency.)
12. The intense waves of homesickness I still get sometimes even though I’ve lived away almost ten years. (Not sure that ever goes away completely.)
13. How weird women are. (Except for me of course.)
14. How bizarre it feels to have to kids in high school and to not be needed to drive them to and from school. (Is there such a thing as post-middle school depression?)
15. How Steno pads and kitchen scissors remind me of my Mom. (And will probably randomly make me cry this weekend because they’ll make me think of my Mom, which will then make me think of my sister and how much I wish she could go visit Mom with me on Sunday.)
That’s all for now folks.
Happy Hump Day.