Yes, this is a random post. It’s about cottage cheese.
I’m trying to eat better and cottage cheese is a food that is pretty high in calcium and protein and low in sugar and fat as long as you select the right variety.
However, cottage cheese can get pretty boring in a hurry.
I’ve been looking for ways to make it more enticing as a go-to snack food instead of Lay’s Potato Chips which are the Devil when it comes to being healthy and fit (and my downfall).
Some people don’t like cottage cheese no matter what you add to it. Clone doesn’t even like to be near cottage cheese.
For those of us who like it, here are some ways to make it more interesting:
1. Add chili sauce and stir. (My current favorite.)
2. Add sprinkles of pepper and dill and throw in some baby tomatoes
3. Add slices of low sugar canned peaches or pineapples, or apples (reminds me of my Grandma)
4. Add chopped bell peppers
5. Add roasted peppers from jar
6. Add chopped olives (green or black)
7. Add Craisins or sliced almonds
8. Add pumpkin spice or cinnamon
9. Add salsa
10. Add low sugar apple sauce
There you have it. Sexier cottage cheese.