I’m feeling quite lucky to have so many reasons to be grateful today.
I just realized that not too long ago my little ol’ blog reached over 10,000 views! Thank you dear followers for being with me on this journey as I figure out life (Do we ever really figure it out?). You are the reason for this blog’s success.
I’m also truly grateful to have had the opportunity to experience one of the most beautiful places on earth over the weekend at a guest horse ranch in the mountains. Nothing like nature and animals, along with a lack of cell service, email and television to help you recharge.
I’ve also been remiss in formally thanking some wonderful fellow bloggers out there who have nominated me for two awards. I am always honored and humbled to be celebrated by fellow writers out there.
Special thanks to Food Flavor Fascination for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award and Glad to Be Alive and Dressed to Quill for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m nominating them today for whichever of these awards they don’t already have. These are all great blogs you should check out, by the way.
Here are the rules: 1. Copy and place the award in your post. 2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. 3. Tell 7 things about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers and let them know.
Now for seven things about myself which you don’t already know (I’m afraid there may not be much left to tell since my blog is quite often a large window into a chunk of my soul, so forgive me if I repeat myself.)
1. I really can’t stand the overuse of exclamation marks. More than one at any time seems way too overboard to be sincere.
2. I have almost completely quit drinking diet coke. This is huge for me.
3. I will probably never quit drinking coffee or martinis. If I owned two horses I would name them Folgers and Hendricks.
4. The smell of horses and even what they leave behind (pun sort of intended) soothes my soul, as does the gentle sway of their walk with me in the saddle and way my heart skips in a canter.
5. The velvety soft tip of a horse’s nose is one of my favorite things to feel. I had a few nibble on my hands this weekend when they were looking for treats as I did this.
7. I am grateful as all-get-out (Okie term) to be this saddle sore and for the fact that MacGyver rode horses with me and now just might be a convert.
Next, there are so many blogs that I enjoy, but I have to narrow it down to 15 bloggers to nominate for these awards (choose which award you would like because you all inspire me and your blog is versatile or I wouldn’t be following it). Forgive me if you have already received these awards. There are also many blogs not listed here that I love to follow but may have already given a shout-out too.
Each of these blogs, and many others, inspires me, refreshes me or makes me laugh so hard that I spit out my Folgers. And often they give me a necessary kick-in-the- pants perspective-check right when I need it.
Thank you for reading. What are you grateful for right now? Gratitude truly rocks, but it often requires awareness, practice, and sometimes a sore bum.