I’ve been blocked with my writing for the last week, so I’m trying something different today. Also, since my parents are coming this week to stay with my kids while we are away, a few of these things have been on my mind as I assess the areas of my house that might frighten outsiders.
Below are some random household and life challenges for which I would love any ideas or secret tips. How do you:
1. Keep your medicine cabinet looking somewhat organized? (Mine is actually pretty organized by type but still looks like a nightmare.)
2. Clean and store vegetable and fruit and keep them visible enough to remember to eat them before they go bad? (Do you clean them before you put in fridge or clean as you eat them?)
3. Maintain a neat and orderly physical desktop while not forgetting about papers requiring action? (I am a stacker but the visual chaos unnerves me at the same time. There has to be a happy medium.)
4. Keep the incoming mail/ junky area in your kitchen organized?
5. Remember to take your eco-friendly fabric grocery bags with you into the store? I’ve tried keeping in the car, on hooks inside my laundry room door where I can see them, all to no avail. Every time I get to the register I could have had a V8 and realize that I forgot my bags once again (as the checker and bagger shoot me looks of disdain and the plastic bags begin to rustle).
6. Unblock your writing (when you’re not feeling inspired and you’re worried you’ve forgotten how to write)?
7. Drink more water? (I’m surprised I function with as little H2O as I consume).
8. Exercise regularly with no excuses? (I go through bouts of great routine exercise but then when I fall off the rails, why is it so hard to get back at it? Need ideas.)
9. Make yourself write on a regular basis? (The public challenges I proclaim (like the 100 day gratitude experiment) have worked for me. But how many challenges can one really do?)
10. Find easy recipes. Anyone have a website or app they love?