Memories of Hallow’s Eve past:
– Decorating with my Mom (Little Red Riding Hood LOVED to decorate for Halloween – I come by it honestly. See latest addition this year – my new hanging Nasty Bat.)
– “Mr. Nasty Man” who has enjoyed our various porch benches at various homes for the last 17 years or so (only the mask has changed since the early one melted in the Oklahoma sun long ago).
– The sounds and smells of rustling leaves and the cool breezes that accompany them.
– Trick or treating with my friend Boogieman.
– Making my own Steve Martin costume one year when I was little (my Mom was so proud that I made it and talked about it for years).
– Getting hit in the head with a flying pumpkin. See older post for background.
-Dressing up my kids for trick or treating year after year (Now they are too cool. If I had known how much I would miss it, I would have savored it more.).
– The costume birthday parties we used to have for my oldest son each October.
– Receiving a box of little decorations and goodies every year from my Mom in the mail (along with a card that said “Watch out for flying pumpkins!”).
– The beautiful, beautiful colors of fall everywhere I look.
– The squirrels who eat my pumpkins on my sidewalk each year. (See their latest masterpieces. I don’t have the heart to throw them away — I’m thinking when they bring their buddies at mealtime, it’s like a trip to the Country Buffet or Western Sizzler).
Although much has changed over the years, and some things have remained, fall continues to be my all-time favorite season of the year, And Halllow’s Eve a special favorite.
What memories of your Hallow’s Eve past come to mind?
P.S: Watch out for flying pumpkins!