2. One pound gained from ham, ham and more ham. Same rationale. Jambone everywhere – legs of it hanging in bars and on racks everywhere. See photo where gal is slicing it off of the leg on the rack connected to the counter. I know my vegetarian friends are passing out right now, sorry. It was damn good ham.
3. One pound gained from the dessert cart on my upgraded business class flights. Embarrassingly excessive amount of food and drink offered. No excuse readily available.
4. One pound or so gained from official tapas including stuffed mushrooms, squid in its own ink sauce, you name it. Again, I did not want to be rude. (Probably lost a few of you on that squid in ink thing too, but it was actually tasty.)
5. One pound gained from the yummy, soft white bread that was served with everything. Couldn’t hurt any bread baker’s feelings.
6. One pound gained from olives and peppers galore that usually came with beer which I’m sure had no calories at all. Sometimes the skewers were topped with big furry looking anchovies to boot. (Sorry, now I’m just messing with my squeamish friends.)
7. I’m telling myself at least one pound gained in water weight from being in a plane for so many hours.
I must say, those were the best seven pounds I’ve ever gained and I would gain them all over again. Life is altogether too short, as I am reminded often.
What were the best pounds you’ve ever gained?