- Decorating with my Mom (Little Red Riding Hood LOVED to decorate for Halloween – I come by it honestly. See latest addition this year – my new hanging Nasty Bat.)
- Trick or treating with my friend Boogieman.
- Making my own Steve Martin costume one year when I was little (my Mom was so proud that I made it and talked about it for years).
- Getting hit in the head with a flying pumpkin. See older post for background.
-Dressing up my kids for trick or treating year after year (Now they are too cool. If I had known how much I would miss it, I would have savored it more.).
- The costume birthday parties we used to have for my oldest son each October.
- Receiving a box of little decorations and goodies every year from my Mom in the mail (along with a card that said “Watch out for flying pumpkins!”).
- The beautiful, beautiful colors of fall everywhere I look.
- The squirrels who eat my pumpkins on my sidewalk each year. (See their latest masterpieces. I don’t have the heart to throw them away — I’m thinking when they bring their buddies at mealtime, it’s like a trip to the Country Buffet or Western Sizzler).
Although much has changed over the years, and some things have remained, fall continues to be my all-time favorite season of the year, And Halllow’s Eve a special favorite.
What memories of your Hallow’s Eve past come to mind?
P.S: Watch out for flying pumpkins!